Best Espresso Grinder Under $500 – Reviews and Buyer’s Guide 2019
Whether you want a cup of coffee at home, office or bar, the most important factor is the taste. And you will need to have grinds that are freshly grounded to retain its aroma and oils.
For convenient grinding performance, machines under $500 are quite suitable. Getting the best espresso grinder under $500 is therefore, a necessity.
Though the price tag is specified in this case, it gives enough trouble with too many available grinders. In fact, it becomes a real challenge to find the right one that comes with quality assurance.
This is why you should go through our burr grinder reviews to pick the perfection avoiding the troublesome search.
Top 10 Espresso Grinder Under 500 - Comparison Table
Item Weight (pounds)
Burr Surface Type
The 10 Best Espresso Grinder Under $500 - 2019
This smart coffee grinder is capable of thriving the grind quality for the commercial espresso. With stainless steel construction, you will have the most satisfactory taste for serving café or restaurant.
Through the burrs of 50mm plating, this bean grinder under $500 comes with entry-level grinding. The removable attachment of fork keeps the portafilter in its designated position enabling direct grinding.
Featuring 166W motor spinning at 1725 rpm induces incredible power without noise. Being able to deliver 7.7 lbs for an hour, you should meet the required amount of espresso without the slightest difficulty.
A simple lever unlocking easily changes the grinding settings and quickens the spinning. Using this best espresso grinder, you can attain a finer powder from course grind and coffee.
- Steel construction ensures durability.
- Greater grinding through 50mm burrs.
- Removable fork holds filter position.
- Grinding capability of 7.7lbs per hour.
- Powerful motor without any sound.
- Oily beans jam up easily.
- Fragility can be observed.
With standard construction and superior customization, this best value espresso grinder comes with maximum satisfaction. This professional grinder by Baratza offers metal potholder allowing you to grind directly with the portafilter.
Featuring repeatable and distinct 230 settings, it gives you course grind to fine grind, delivering espresso to press pot. Through the one-touch dosing design, all 3 programmable buttons can be operated.
The inclusion of finest quality steel burrs ensures the maximum consistency and sharpened grinding performance all the way. In fact, the 54mm ceramic burr encourages the grinding quality to a great extent.
With ground collecting bin and potholder, you will certainly enjoy a hand-free grinding operation. Through high-torque motor and belt-drive transmission, you will get the best taste from this best espresso grinder for 500.
- Solid construction imparts serviceability.
- Professional performance with ceramic burrs.
- Single–touch dosing for convenient operation.
- Minimum heat through belt transmission.
- Programmable 3 presets for repetition.
- No immediate grinding consistency.
- Medium loud noise while operating.
Providing the best commercial performance alongside supreme reliability, this smart grinder pro delivers the finest coffee. This one from KitchenAid comes with sufficient precision grinding to ensure the aroma and flavor.
Having glass hoppers and metal housing, they enhance the appearance, serviceability as well as clean-ups. Not to mention, these additions lowers the possibility of clinging of coffee grinds to various plastic components.
Through flat cutting burrs, you can have the optimum grinding thanks to consistent milling speed. The built-in gear reducing system along with DC motor decreases the frictional heat generation.
With cutting burrs of stainless steel, this best grinder for pour over ensures maximum grinding. Being designed for heavy and durable functionality, you will enjoy a perfect espresso at home, office and elsewhere.
- High-quality die-cast construction.
- Precise cutting burrs of stainless steel.
- Consistent grinding with DC-motor.
- Lower friction through gear reduction.
- Metal housing reduces static cling.
- Machine clogging may occur.
- Beans may hang on the ridge.
Being designed for the commercial application, this is indeed the best grinding option for bar and restaurant. With built-in precision features for this Gaggia production, you will get the best-grinded coffee.
Using this pro grinder, you can have automatic dosing that allows dropping a premeasured grind into the holder. The 50 mm tempered steel-made burr offers the perfect grinding while you pull up the lever.
There come 39 different fineness degrees to ensure maximum quality for the output grind. There are 34 grinding settings allowing you to customize the grinds for efficient and tasteful output.
Larger hopper and ground container provides satisfaction for this best budget coffee grinder under 500. The powerful motor with plastic housing will surely help you to attain the desired output.
- Durable all-metal frame construction.
- Quieter operation for the DC-motor.
- Precise grinding through different fineness.
- Plastic housing with impact resistance.
- Easy operation and maintenance facility.
- Consistent pulling of side lever.
- Uneven dosing drops grinds.
This is another professional quality grinder from Baratza that will give you intuitive control. You can have this best conical burr grinder for domestic, official or even commercial applications.
Every single part is built with industrial grade materials to ensure durability. The sculptured base and top come with a great appearance that gives your choice a perfect class.
Through 40 different settings for grinding, you can easily explore the extended range of brewing. You will receive grind on instant demand thanks to the 60-secs timer alongside the pulse buttons.
The burr set of advanced technology with this pro grinder provides the perfect cutting performance. Whether it is coarsest or finest grind you need, you will receive a rich coffee all along for sure.
- Stylish and elegant metal framework.
- Consistent grinding through 40 settings.
- Intuitive control with pulse buttons.
- Smaller footprint requires less space.
- Faster grinding speed than classic ones.
- Requirement of calibration for fineness.
- Instruction manual may seem sparse.
Offering control over time and dosing, this Breville product easily qualifies for the best grinder under $500. The installed timer has 0.2 secs increments for consistent dosing.
Through steel-made conical burrs, it ensures minimum generation of heat and prevents the loss of essential bean oils. You can directly grind over the portafilter that will reduce our effort.
There come 60 settings for precise grinding that can provide from the coarsest to finest grinds. In fact, the electronic timer helps to attain further accuracy in the grinding process.
For the bean hopper, the locking system offers convenient storage and removal facility. Having the capacity to hold up to 16-ounce beans, you can make sufficient coffee grinds at a time.
- Superior design ensures maximized output.
- Greater bean capacity with bean hopper.
- Electronic timer offers consistent dosing.
- Customization to attain finest to coarsest.
- Concise screen of LCD for monitoring.
- The plastic impeller may wear down.
- No integrated scale for grinding.
Having a semi-automated grinding facility, you will get a quick grind from this unit to make a morning coffee. This simple machine comes with ingenious functionality to ensure precise and perfect dosing.
There are controls in micrometric scale and you can easily adjust them to make the desired coffee grind. And the precise grinding will ensure to deliver the aroma and taste of freshly-grounded beans.
The bean hopper with one-pound capacity is transparent which helps you to monitor and customize the settings. Moreover, it can grind up to 8-pounds of beans to provide the most excellent coffee.
Despite having a simple construction, this pro grinder is capable of handling the demand of café customers satisfactorily. And easy operational facility will help you to attain the best coffee ever time.
- Simple yet stylish metal construction.
- Convenient functionality for grinding.
- Incredible semi-automatic processing.
- Easy monitoring alongside operation.
- Precise dosing every time using a timer.
- Intense usage can cause clogging.
- Requirement of some manual effort.
Along with unique design and performance, you can impart a great appearance for your coffee corner. This chrome machine by Espresso outlet offers a convenient and reliable grind to deliver good espresso.
Featuring a 150 W motor, you will certainly receive a powerful grinding action. Also, the 50 mm flat grinding blade will give the perfect cutting for the beans in a faster and accurate way.
With stepped regulation, it comes with maximized efficiency by keeping the burrs in a consistent motion. The height-adjustment for filter holder induces great workability to understand the required dosing.
Although the 0.55-pound hopper capacity, you will get sufficient grinds to make your coffee. This best coffee grinder under 500 has everything to satisfy you with superior performance.
- Faster grinding with a powerful motor.
- Adjustment for filterholder & dosing.
- Easy clean-ups & monitoring facility.
- Better efficiency for stepped regulation.
- Reasonable doser capacity of 0.4 pounds.
- Only suitable to produce fine grind.
- Production of coarser or no grind.
This unique and versatile grinder comes with everything to deliver a perfect espresso within mid-range. Needless to say, the Ascaso introduced a user-friendly construction that is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
Along with sturdy casing of commercial aluminum, this best value espresso grinder is built to withstand all the rigors. Having polished finishing, you will get an outstanding appearance for a coffee corner.
The compact design requires incredibly less space and provides maximum grinding efficiency. Featuring steel and solid brass burrs hold to carry consistent grinding ensuring optimum fineness.
Using the convenient thumb dials, you can easily adjust near-infinite grind settings. The step-less operation makes this best coffee burr grinder a well-suited option for a perfect dialing-in espresso coffee shot.
- Superior quality aluminium-made casing.
- Durable finishing to prevent kitchen rigors.
- Standard sized 54 mm flat surfaced burr.
- Near-infinite settings for grind adjustment.
- Consistent grinding ensures better fineness.
- Bean removal from the hopper is difficult.
- Adjustment may not hold accurate.
Here comes another ergonomic grinder introduced by Baratza that will certainly meet your requirements. This best espresso burr grinder comes with special design and superior functionality to suit both home and workplace.
Through quality material construction for each part, you will get optimum durability and service. The innovative design with incredible appearance will give a whole new look for the kitchen or shop corner.
Being an entry-level grinder, you can go for manual and automated operation for different brewings. Also, 0.1-second resolution for digital timer imparts great precision to your control over the process.
Minimized retention with 5 g/sec grinding rate will deliver a sufficient amount of grind. Featuring 30 different adjustments, you will get what you want from this grinder under $500 for sure.
- Unique appearance for metal framework.
- Superior grinding speed without retention.
- Precise control through the digital timer.
- Manual brewing mode ensures fineness.
- User-friendly operation and maintenance.
- The portafilter seems to be sloppy.
- Not suitable for longer grinding.
5 Highest Selling Espresso Grinder Under $500
|Product Preview||Products Name||Available Grind Settings||Burr Surface Type||Price Check|
|KitchenAid Pro Line Series||15||Flat|
|Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky||N/A||Conical|
|Gaggia 8002 MDF||34||Flat|
Factors to Consider When Buying
Choosing the right grinder is essential especially when you use for commercial purposes. There are many varieties and you need to know some certain factors regarding the quality under a specific price. These factors will easily help you to attain the best espresso grinders under 500 dollar.
You have to make sure the construction quality first. Metals like steel and aluminum hold pretty well for durable service. Also, the base and top need attention for a pleasant appearance.
Burr is indeed the most important part of the mechanism. They can either steel, ceramic or even brass and others as well. You need to ensure that they come with a flat/conical and round surface having a diameter of 50 – 60 mm.
If you want to use for café or restaurant, the grinding should be fast enough. Of course, it must have a limit to ensure perfect grind as per the adjustment.
There come several adjustment settings for different grinders. Most of the quality grinders come with 30 – 40 settings while special ones can have almost-infinite adjustments.
Timing is another significant factor regarding quick and efficient grinding. The increments should be low enough to deliver precise control.
How to Care Espresso Grinder?
There are different maintenance tasks you need to perform to keep your espresso grinder running without flaw. For convenience, we would like to break the overall maintenance in three sections - regular, three month and annual.
- Regular Cleaning Tasks: It mainly involves backflushing for scrubbing out the loose coffee. For commercial applications, you must perform backflushing at least once. Use a suitable detergent and run the machine for ten seconds. Repeat this until the water becomes clean.
- Cleaning Tasks in Every 3 Months: You need to replace the used gasket and shower screens. You can also rebuild the steam assembly. Apart from that, you need to test switches, water quality and grinding speed alongside with temperature.
- Annual Cleaning Tasks: In this case, you should replace the pressure valve and portafilter basket. Therefore, you need to check out the motor efficiency and any presence of leaks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: What is the function of doser in the grinder?
Answer: Doser is an attachment to the grinder front for automatic collection of produced grounded beans.
Question 2: What are the recommended settings for espresso, French press, and drip?
Answer: There are no specific regulations, but 5-10 holds good for espresso. While it is 40 for French press and 30 for drip.
Question 3: Does overtime grinding cause any problems with the performance?
Answer: Whatever the model is, overtime grinding will reduce efficiency.
Question 4: Do these grinders support Turkish?
Answer: It is possible with the grinder that can produce coarser to finer grinds.
Wrapping It Up
We enlisted every single grinder after carefully reviewing and considerations. Although they have some minor issues, they certainly won’t affect the quality.
You will find here the best ones that are capable of delivering fresh grinds for a long time, regardless of their workplace. Through the best espresso grinder under $500, you will enjoy a durable service that will keep delivering the most satisfactory performance all the way.
Whichever one you want to have from the list mentioned above, you will receive perfect grinding service worth its price.