10 Best French Press Coffee Maker of 2019 – Review And Buyer’s Guide
The French Press coffee maker is considered one of the best at brewing coffee for decades. Today also, this consideration has been the same as before. There are more than ten methods for brewing coffee and French press is one of them.
In this particular way, you have to brew coffee by steeping. It’s a popular method, and it is capable of giving you most of the flavors of the coffee beans.
Here, we are going to have a little talk about best French press coffee maker in 2019. Moreover, I’m going to introduce you to some of the best French presses for coffee-making.
Top 10 French Press Coffee Maker - Comparison Table
9.6 x 5.6 x 4.8
3.5 x 3.5 x 9.1
6.7 x 6.1 x 9.8
9.1 x 6 x 4.4
4.2 x 5.2 x 9.3
7.1 x 6.1 x 11.4
7.1 x 6.1 x 11.4
LINKYO French Press Maker
5.8 x 5.6 x 11.9
9.6 x 6.8 x 4.7
The 10 Best French Press Coffee Maker of 2019 - Top Picks And Review
We’ve tried many coffee presses and then narrowed our list to 10 items. These ten are according to us, the best among the bests. We went through French press reviews on popular marketplaces; we talked to coffee lovers and tested the items to get the best out of them.
The French press coffee maker reviews help us a lot to find the best items, and testing the items practically and help even more. We could search out the imperfections that the products had. You’ll see the detailed descriptions of our picks below.
1. KONA French Press Coffee Tea and Espresso Maker
- The package dimension is 10 x 5.9 x 5.5 inches.
- The item’s weight is 14 ounces.
- Brew capacity of the product is 34 ounces.
- The beaker has an insulated outer shell.
- The material of the beaker is borosilicate glass.
- The lid is BPS free.
As you can see, our first pick is Kona French press, It has got enough reasons to be the first one on the list. French press is the best way to enjoy a better cup of coffee.
Also, this coffee maker holds up that purity amazingly. It’s a coffee and espresso maker as well as a French press tea infuser. With this best French press coffee maker, you won’t need a cold brew coffee maker too. This coffee gear can provide you with cold coffee, iced tea too. Let’s take a look at its features.
This French coffee machine has an attractive design. It has got flimsy plastic and rubber made plunger and filter. The frame that you see outside the pot, wrapping around the beaker, is a protective layer for insulation. This layer makes the coffee device heat-protective and restrictive to thermal shock.
This coffee machine works fine to make pure coffee. As long as you clean it regularly and keep the filter secured, you can have tasty coffee without any residue of the grounds. However, this coffee maker has got a little drawback. The plastic lid of this device doesn’t sit tightly in the beaker. As a result, you might face heat escaping now and then.
- This device is eco-friendly.
- You get no residue in your coffee.
- It’s a versatile item.
- It’s a perfect machine for outdoor activities or camping.
- The carafe and the insulated frame are inseparable. This issue makes the cleaning process tough.
- The pot cannot hold the total heat.
2. Bodum Stainless Steel Travel Coffee and Tea Press
- The item dimension is 3.5 x 3.5 x 9.1 inches.
- The pot can brew 15 ounces of coffee at a time.
- The beaker has double-wall construction. Its material is stainless steel.
- The coffee maker is insulated to keep warm things warm and cold things cold.
- The coffee maker is available in 4 different colors.
You can assume from the title that this Bodum French press is an outstanding French press coffee maker for camping. The insulated body made of stainless steel increases the excellence of this coffee maker. The ‘travel’ tag doesn’t mean this one is only for outdoor activities. It can be your daily coffee chef in your household. It’s one of the best French presses for tea also.
This coffee maker is the best single cup French press. It contains more than a cup of coffee, but you can drink it directly from the carafe. It has a spill-proof lid. The material of the beaker is stainless steel. It has double-wall construction, and it’s vacuum-sealed for insulation. The pot has a non-slip silicone grip. The built-in plunger makes the brewing easier.
This coffee press keeps coffee hot for a long time. If you don’t like to waste coffee because of using a large French press, this one should be your choice. The plunger can obtain all the flavorful oils from the grounds and make a tasty cup of coffee.
Though many people like the fact that this coffee pot contains one or two cups of coffee, some don’t. People who drink coffee a lot will find it inconvenient as he or she has to heat water again and again for a cup of coffee.
- It doesn’t let any heat transfer from outside or inside.
- It’s a versatile item.
- The item is environment-friendly.
- The cleaning process of this press is not the easiest.
3. Secura French Press Coffee Maker
- The product dimension is 6.7 x 6.1 x 9.8 inches.
- It comes in two sizes. One has the capacity of 34 ounces, and the other one with 50-ounces capacity.
- The material of the item is 18/10 stainless steel.
- There’s double-wall construction for holding heat.
- There is a 3-layer filtration system.
- It contains a bonus stainless steel filter.
The Secura French coffee maker is one of the best stainless steel coffee presses. It’s a large coffee maker that can brew 1-liter coffee at a time. It’s one of the top-rated French press too, and it has got its fineness. This coffee maker has all the dishwasher safe parts. For our convenience, it’s available in two different sizes also. Let’s check out the features of this item in the following section.
The Secura French press comes with a slick steel-made jug-like carafe. The carafe has a good grip handle and a knob. The handle and the knob are also made of steel. The ergonomically designed carafe pot looks ideal for brewing coffee. The filtration system possesses 3-layer stainless steel. You won’t get coffee grounds in your cup.
As this one features a steel carafe, there is no fear of breaking it. The device is efficient, and it keeps your coffee warm. The 3-layer filtration system prevents your coffee from getting bitter if you keep them in the pot for a long time. The steel body has some disadvantages. The steel can hold the heat, and the carafe might be hot when you touch it.
- The item is lightweight itself yet can hold a right amount of coffee.
- The parts are durable.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- The steel body tends to get hot when you put hot coffee there.
4. SterlingPro Double Wall French Coffee Press
- The item dimension is 9.1 x 6 x 4.4 inches.
- The item is available in three capacities; 1L, 1.5L, and 1.75L.
- The double-wall construction is made of 18/10 stainless steel.
- It has a double-screen feature for most correct filtration.
- Item contains two bonus stainless steel screens.
This SterlingPro double wall French press is another awesome item. It’s one of the best French press coffee makers for tea also. Yes, it’s a versatile item. Another good thing about this item is that the company guarantees that you won’t get any coffee grounds after pouring the coffee.
That makes us understand how superior-quality the filtration system of the item is. You’ll be more surprised to know that the versatility of this item is not only for coffee and tea but also for lemonades, hot chocolate, almond milk, cold brew, fruit infusions, and many more!
The mirror finish of this item is eye-catching. It has rust-resistant parts. The parts are dishwasher safe. This one is designed to be a multi-function one. It can make many more things than just tea and coffee. It can hold the feelings of the beverages. The ergonomically made handle doesn’t conduct heat, and so you won’t burn your hands. The item is sturdy and durable enough.
The multi-functioning feature of this item is praise-worthy. It’s good at anything you want to make with it. One screen from the double-screens takes out the grounds that stick to the inside body of the carafe, and the other one filters any properties that are left in the coffee.
This way you get ground-free coffee. The one downside which we faced was that this item has no measurement scale or indicator. It can brew a lot of coffee at a time, but you can get confused about the water measurement when you are going to make a small cup of coffee.
- It’s a multi-function item.
- The item can hold the heat and the characters of the beverages.
- It has got a good filtration system.
- It doesn’t have any measurement indicators or scales.
5. Bodum BRAZIL 8-cup French Press Coffee Maker
- The product dimension is 4.2 x 5.2 x 9.3 inches.
- The capacity of this pot is 8 cup; 32 ounces.
- The material of the carafe is borosilicate glass.
- The plunger has a 3-part filter along with a mesh filter.
Bodum is a renowned brand that made the French presses very popular in its starting days. This company has created some of the best coffee press pots of all the time. This Bodum BRAZIL French press coffee maker is their first ever coffee maker. This one is from the 20th century, still has impressed us enough to be on our list. More features of the item are given below.
It was designed in the early 80’s, but it still draws the attention of the people with its design and features. The item has a plastic body, with BPA-free plastic lid and handle. The beaker is made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass. The 3-part filter contains a mesh filter than strains out the essential oils from the coffee beans. It has a cross-plate and a spiral plate for filtration.
There goes a saying, “Old is gold.” This design of this item is old, and still, it performs like a pro. It gives you a flavorful cup of coffee in only 4 minutes. The carafe this device is made of glass. So, it can break if it’s not used with care.
- The parts of this coffee press are dishwasher safe.
- The item holds the heat.
- It’s budget-friendly.
- All the pieces are separable and easy to clean.
- The lid is not enough study.
6. Kitchen Supreme French Press Coffee & Tea Maker
- The item dimension is 7.1 x 6.1 x 11.4 inches.
- The capacity of this french press is 34 ounces.
- The package contains one coffee maker, one spoon, one tea/coffee scoop, four filter screens, and a hard copy of instruction book and Barista’s recipe.
- The material of the carafe is German Borosilicate Glass.
- The lid is made of double stainless steel.
Here comes another top French press. This item is made of German glass, and it’s a highly durable product. This product is one of the best French press makers for tea also. It’s the only item on our list that has a 4-layer filtration system or 4 filter screens. It comes with additional elements for the user’s convenience.
This one is not only limited to making tea and coffee but also many more things. Enjoy your fruit infusions, plant tinctures, hot chocolate, frothed milk, cashew nut milk, almond milk, iced tea, coffee and many more with this single device.
The Kitchen Supreme French Press attracts anyone who takes a glance of it. The users tend to fall in love with it. The technology, the equipment, and every other aspect make this device a top-notch one. The plastic-free encapsulated lid and the 4-screen filtration system give the impression a boost.
This device is the best multi-functional coffee maker. You’ll get frothy, creamy, tasty coffee with no efforts at all. It has the fineness to make your beverages yummy. The double-steel lid holds the temperature of the drinks effectively. This item has got shortcomings too. It has a little bit higher price than all other similar devices. The parts are not dishwasher safe, so you have to clean them in different ways.
- This item has got a superior filtration system.
- It contains necessary accessories too.
- It has durable German-glass construction.
- The parts are not dishwasher safe.
- The cleaning requires a reasonable amount of time.
7. Bodum Chambord 8 cup Coffee and Tea Maker
- The item dimension is 10.7 x 9.4 x 6.7 inches, and its weight is 1.53 pounds.
- The capacity of the carafe is 34 ounces or 1L.
- It’s available in more sizes including 12, 15, 17, and 51 ounces.
- It features a 3-part filter which has a mesh filter.
- The material of the carafe is borosilicate glass, and the lid, body, filter, and plunger is stainless steel.
As we said earlier, Bodum is one of the best French press brands of all. So, don’t be surprised to see a lot of Bodum’s products on our list. We enlisted them because they seemed perfect to us and they might get to you too. Only in 4 minutes, this Bodum Chambord coffee maker can give you a flavorful coffee. Let’s take a look at its features in the following section.
This item is no different from Bodum’s all other outstanding coffee makers. This product has been designed to give the users the best experience with coffee. The 3-layer filtration system effectively strains out the flavors of the coffee beans while not letting them go into your coffee cups.
This one is a coffee as well as tea maker. The morning tea or coffee is only a matter of 4 minutes if you use this French pot. It filters out the coffee grounds and gives you a cup of coffee that contains all the essential oils. No item is perfect. This one also has got an imperfection. The beaker is made of glass has the risk of getting broken.
- The item has a good capacity.
- It makes coffee that has maximum flavor.
- The filtration system is good enough.
- The item has glass properties. It needs to be used with care. Otherwise, the carafe can break.
8. LINKYO French Press Coffee Maker(1L)
- The dimension of this item is 7.1 x 4.1 x 8.4 inches.
- It has the capacity of 1 and 1.5 liters. It’s available in 3 styles- 1L brushed finish, 1L mirror finish, and 1.5L mirror finish.
- The material of the item is 18/10, 304 high-grade stainless steel.
- The goods have a multi-layer filtration system.
- The carafe has a double-wall construction.
This Linkyo French press is a French pot that comes in 3 different styles for your convenience. It’s a high-quality French press with shatterproof construction. If you are a coffee enthusiast, you are surely going to like this device. The mornings can be better with a good cup of coffee, and this device makes that thing more comfortable for you. Let’s check out the features of this item.
The mirror and brushed finish of this coffee maker doesn’t only give this item a sleek look but also mask fingerprint smudges. To avoid breaking and cracking, it has steel as its material. The ergonomic handle that provides a good grip.
The performance of this item is pretty average. It brews coffee well and holds the flavors. It takes the same time the other French presses take to make coffee. One downside of this item is the steel body can get too hot when you pour boiling water in it. You should use it carefully to avoid burning hands.
- The item features high-quality materials.
- This item is durable.
- The filtration system is superior-quality.
- The cleaning process is not easy.
- The carafe tends to get hot when brewing coffee.
9. Coffee gator Large French Press Maker
- The item dimension is 5.8 x 5.6 x 11.9 inches.
- It’s available in 3 different colors- grey, green, and pink.
- The item comes with a little container for keeping the coffee powder.
- The material of the pot is vacuum layered stainless steel.
- The filter is double-layered.
The Coffee Gator Large French Press coffee maker will attract you the time you look at it. This insulated French press gives you the experience of a piping hot, flavorful coffee even after keeping it in the pot for a long time. Yes, this coffee maker is best at its insulation system. With the impressive design and the performance, it has managed to win the hearts of many people. It’s one of the best camping French presses too.
The design of this item is praiseworthy. The vacuum sealed exterior can hold the temperature of the beverage more than any other materials. You have the freedom to choose one color out of three. The classic design makes all the colors look beautiful on it. The 90 degree angled handle gives the item a more sophisticated look.
Who likes a coffee that has become cold? No one! This Coffee Gator French press can keep your coffee warm for a long time. You cannot even complain about the taste as it keeps the grounds far away from the coffee and prevents getting bitter.
One little weakness of this french press is its small canister or jar that it comes with. This thing is practical of no use as it’s a real tiny jar. Anyone needs a far bigger pot to keep grounded coffee.
- This item yields tasty coffee.
- The thing can hold the temperature.
- The parts are easy to clean.
- The steel body isn’t corrosion-resistant.
10. Ritual Stainless Steel and Bamboo French Press
- The dimension of the item is 8.6 x 5.1 x 4.8 inches. Its weight is 1.3 pounds.
- The capacity of the carafe is 1000ml.
- The material of the carafe, the lid, and the handle are respectively solid glass, wood, and wood.
- The carafe has a stainless steel frame to protect the glass jar.
I will call it one of the best stainless steel French presses because of the steel frame it has got. The item is budget-friendly, and it’s an excellent press pot for your coffee. The durable materials and the handy design impress many people and us. This one is the last item on our list, but it’s certainly no less than all other best French Coffee Press. Let’s have a glance at the features of this item.
The design of this item is charming. It has got a wooden handle and a lid. The stainless steel frame is wrapping the carafe to protect it from breaking. The eye-catching design not only increases the beauty of the jar but also plays a proper role in improving its efficiency. The wooden lid traps the heat inside the pot and keeps your coffee warm for a long time.
This coffee maker is best at giving you several pots of excellent coffee. It gives you the ease of cleaning. The ergonomic design lets you have no complaints about the coffee maker. One problem that I had with this pot was the glass jar. The carafe is not shatterproof. So, you have to use it with care.
- The item is budget-friendly.
- The stainless steel filter strains the coffee beans well.
- The glass carafe isn’t shatterproof.
Factor to Consider When Buying French Press Maker
The Good French coffee Press will have specific features that make them the best. You have to check out those certain things while buying a French coffee maker pot. If you are purchasing a French maker for the first time, you might not know the characteristics of one yet. In this section, we will describe each of those things that you need to double check in a Coffee press. You have to check into the following things even if the product is a top-rated French press coffee maker.
(Borosilicate Glass, Stoneware or Ceramic, Stainless Steel, Plastic)
The biggest part of a French pot is the carafe or simply, the beaker. Many important factors like the coffee’s temperature, the item’s durability, etc. depend on the material of the carafe. The material can be stainless steel, plastic, ceramic, borosilicate glass, or stoneware. The lid of the carafe also needs to be inspected. It should be such a type that doesn’t let heat flow to outside from inside.
Design & Comfort
The design of a French Press maker also matters. There are coffee presses of different models available in the stores. The design has to be of a type that is easily cleanable. It has to have a good handle. So It's an important fact to take the best coffee carafes for your french press. If the pot doesn’t have any handle, its body should have a non-slip surface that allows a comfortable grip.
There are many french coffee makers available in different sizes. Some can contain 1 cup of coffee, and some can hold 3, 4, 8, or 12 cups of coffee. Actually it is dependable on your necessity. If you have got a big family, you might want a big size coffee maker. Check the capacity and get one as per your need.
All the French press coffee makers don’t necessarily have the same type of filtration system. They have variations. You cannot change the filter of a press pot. So, you better check it out before buying as you don’t want to have grounded coffee powder in your coffee mug.
Some presses have a plastic mesh filter, and some have filter made of stainless steel. The Plastic mesh filters are less durable than steel filters. There are 3 or 4-layer stainless steel filtration system available. These types are more efficient than others.
The ergonomics of a French pot matters significantly. The ease of use, comfort, compatibility, etc. are not less important than all other facts. If the coffee maker has a natural usage process and simple cleaning requirements, it would be a preferable item.
This one is an added advantage. Some French coffee pots come with built-in weighing scales. This scale helps you to add ingredients as per necessity. It also helps you to keep a track on how much coffee you have drunk. The coffee-water ratio can easily be maintained if the coffee maker has a weighing scale.
We all want to buy the items that have lifetime warranty. Of course, who wants to buy the same device again and again? It makes us look into the durability of the thing we buy. If the French press materials are all top notch ones, we won’t have to worry about the longevity of the item.
Carafe presses are inexpensive items. They cost anything around 20 to 30 US dollars. The price of these pots makes them a good gift option too. You don’t have to buy the most expensive ones. Some of the best French press coffee makers are available at surprisingly low prices.
Why Is French Press Best for Brewing Coffee and Tea?
Does this subtitle astonish you? It shouldn’t. A French press is undoubtedly the best for brewing coffee and tea. The day of tea press vs coffee press is gone long ago. Now you get to do both in a French press machine. Make a tasty cup of coffee or tea in the same pot.
Now, you don’t have to use separate equipment for both purposes. A French maker can save both your money and time. Most of the French press pots of nowadays are versatile. Take loose tea leaves and brew them in your coffee press, and enjoy it. You don’t need a kettle anymore.
How to Use a French Press Maker Properly?
The best French press coffee brand and best espresso for French press won’t matter if you don’t know how to use the French coffee maker properly. So, in this section, you’ll get to know that. If you want to be an expert in making coffee with a French press, you have to master three things at first- the coffee-water ratio, timing, and the ground type.
If you are a beginner for a French press coffee maker, you should follow the ratio 1:10 for coffee and water respectively. For 1 gram of coffee, you have to add 10 grams of boiling water. Once you master this ratio, you can start experimenting with ratios according to your taste.
The timing ranges from 2 to 6 minutes. Generally, people brew the coffee for 4 minutes. The timing depends on how you like the coffee- light or strong. If you want a regular cup of coffee with all the flavors and essential oils, I would suggest you wait for 3 to 4 minutes before you plunge the piston.
The coarse ground coffee bean is the best thing for French press coffee. If you take finely ground coffee powder, you might get a bitter taste of coffee.
How to Clean A French Press Maker?
Cleaning a French press is trouble-free. Most of the French press makers are dishwasher safe. In that case, you have to disassemble the parts of the device and dip them in a bowl of water mixed with some dishwasher gel. After soaking them for 20 minutes or less, take a brush and clean the parts with it. Then wash them with fresh water.
If your French press is not dishwasher safe, you’ll have a little trouble cleaning the item. Soak the parts in warm water for 30 minutes. Then wash them thoroughly with a wipe cloth or brush and rinse them properly. Keeping your coffee press clean is a mandatory thing. You have to clean the devices after each use. Otherwise, you might see coffee grounds sticking to the pot and making it unhygienic.
Wrapping it up
Here you’ve read the reviews of the best French presses 2019 and many other significant facts. I don’t know it has come to your help or not, but I know for sure that it has every detail that you need to find a good coffee maker for French press.
Hope, your day get better with a flavorsome cup of coffee and you can buy the best French press coffee maker for that in no time.